BULA supports the upcoming International Conference | Ukraine: Great Expectation
Thursday 5 December | 09:00-16:30 (Registration from 08:30)
Location: Chatham House | 10 St James's Square | London | SW1Y 4LE
Full information is available here.
The Conference is a major event which will bring together representatives of the Ukrainian government and the Parliament, as well as international organisations, businesses and public figures.
Among its speakers:
- Representative of Servant of the People Fraction, Parliament of Ukraine
- Martin Harris, Director for Eastern Europe and Central Asia, FCO
- Katarina Mathernova, Deputy Director General, European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations, European Commission
- Tymofiy Mylovanov, Minister for Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture
- Alain Pilloux, Vice President, Banking, EBRD
- Svyatoslav Vakarchuk, MP, Leader, Holos Party
- Andriy Yermak, Aide to the President of Ukraine
- Volodymyr Yermolenko, Director of European Projects, Internews Ukraine
- Ron van Rooden, Assistant Director, European Department, IMF
Great Expectations, Charles Dickens’s penultimate completed work, concerns the development of young man who faces arduous trials before eventually overcoming adversity. Ukraine’s progress often seems just as tortured as that of Dickens’s enigmatic protagonist in the novel.
President Zelenskyy and his team are embarking on an ambitious agenda to break away from the past – with renewed zeal in the fight against corruption, opening the land market and privatizing state-owned assets. However, Ukraine’s struggle for reform remains an immense challenge.
The country also finds itself under intense international scrutiny. It is a theatre of war where Russia modulates its aggression in the east of the country and pushes for a deal on Donbas on its terms. Crimea has been all but forgotten by the international community. Meanwhile, the US has dragged Ukraine into its own politics ahead of the 2020 US presidential elections.
What do Volodymyr Zelenskyy and his team stand for? Will they realistically be able to deliver? What reform opportunities will emerge with a new generation in power? What are the risks to economic growth? And how does the current constellation of geopolitical forces affect Ukraine?
Chatham House is known for organising the highest quality events. We are looking forward to seeing you at the Conference!
For enquiries relating to the conference agenda or sponsorship, please contact Orysia Lutsevych at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For registration, media accreditation and other general enquiries, please email Anna Morgan at email@example.com.
For further information, please visit: link